UNSHAKEN | TAURANGA
23rd – 24th August | Elim Tauranga
Unshaken Tauranga is back for 2019!
Friday Night | Doors Open 6.30 pm | Session begins 7.00 pm to 9.30 pm
Saturday | Doors Open 9.30 am | Program begins 10.00 am – ends 6.00 pm
In today’s society, and as culture rapidly shifts around us, we’re constantly faced with new waves of challenges and conversations that challenge our faith. It is more important than ever for us, as Christians, to find clarity and confidence in what we believe as topics such as, the value of human life, sexual identity and God’s ultimate truth are being questioned.
Unshaken is a conference for youth and young adults (age 13-30 years) designed to ignite the Christian imagination, and empower us to understand why Christianity is not only believable but also desirable. We’re bringing together speakers, artists and performers to explore the tools we need to become salt and light in our spheres of influence. Join us as we explore the hard questions and learn how to navigate culture together!
Joining us for UNSHAKEN ’19 we have, Megan Almon (Life Training Institute, USA), Jason Knapp (Thinking Matters), Neihana Reihana (Oati Trust), and Scott McCulloch (Lifezone), who will help us to engage with the following discussions:
- The Porn Phenomenon: The Impact of Pornography in the Digital Age
- Racial Reconciliation: Healing the Scars of Our History
- Human Value: What the Bible Says About Why We Matter?
- Pure Freedom: How Limits Help Liberate Us
- How Can a Loving God Send People to Hell?
- Culture Sculptors: The Christian’s Call to Shape Culture
- The Battle for Truth: Rethinking the Lies We Believe Without Thinking
- Modern Feminism & Christianity: Are They Compatible Or Conflicting?
- Super Early Bird | $29 | Available until 12th July 2019
- Early Bird | $39 | Available until 2nd August 2019
- Standard | $49 | Available until 24th August 2019
Keynote Speaker | Megan Almon
Megan, a former University of Georgia gymnast, was a part of the 2002 SEC Championship team. She worked as an award-winning journalist until 2008, joined Life Training Institute in 2009, and was awarded a Master of Arts degree in Christian apologetics from Biola University in 2011. Megan and her husband, Tripp, who serves as a pastor and a gymnastics coach, have been married since 2003 and have two children, Neely and Rogan. Megan enjoys spending time with her family at their log cabin in Newnan, Ga., and is still known to practice handstands in her living room and occasionally coach the sport she still loves. She has served as faculty at Summit Ministries and Impact 360. She has spoken to high school-and-college assemblies and classrooms, conferences, youth organizations, women’s groups, and congregations across the nation on topics including:
- The Case for Life — Communicating and defending the pro-life view persuasively and graciously
- Christianity as a Worldview — Thinking about Christianity as a worldview and how that impacts the whole Christian
- The Resurrection: A B.E.A.R. of an Argument — Sharing and defending the truth of the Resurrection of Christ winsomely and convincingly