UNSHAKEN | CHRISTCHURCH
6th – 7th September | Riccarton Community Church
Unshaken Christchurch is back for 2019!
Friday Night | Doors Open 6.30 pm | Session begins 7.00 pm to 9.30 pm
Saturday | Doors Open 9.30 am | Program begins 10.00 am – ends 6.00 pm
In today’s society, and as culture rapidly shifts around us, we’re constantly faced with new waves of challenges and conversations that challenge our faith. It is more important than ever for us, as Christians, to find clarity and confidence in what we believe as topics such as, the value of human life, sexual identity and God’s ultimate truth are being questioned.
Unshaken is a conference for youth and young adults (age 13-30 years) designed to ignite the Christian imagination, and empower us to understand why Christianity is not only believable but also desirable. We’re bringing together speakers, artists and performers to explore the tools we need to become salt and light in our spheres of influence. Join us as we explore the hard questions and learn how to navigate culture together!
Joining us for UNSHAKEN ’19 we have, Brendan Malone (Focus on the Family NZ), Jason Knapp (Thinking Matters), Rodney Lake (Thinking Matters), and James Beck (The Parenting Place), who will help us to engage with the following discussions:
- The Porn Phenomenon: The Impact of Pornography in the Digital Age
- Culture Sculptors: The Christian’s Call to Shape Culture
- Human Value: What the Bible Says About Why We Matter?
- Faith & Technology: How Scripture Can Shape the Way We Engage with Screens
- Sexuality: Questions & Answers
- Pure Freedom: How Limits Help Liberate Us
- The Battle for Truth: Rethinking the Lies We Believe Without Thinking
- What Do We Mean When We Talk About Worldview
- Super Early Bird | $29 | Available until 26th July
- Early Bird | $39 | Available until 16th August
- Standard | $49 | Available until 7th September
Keynote Speaker | Brendan Malone
Brendan Malone is the Director of LifeNET NZ. He has been working full-time in pro-life, marriage, and family ministry for the last 14 years where he speaks at churches, universities, high schools, and conferences on bioethics and sexuality issues throughout New Zealand and Australia. During that time he has delivered over 500 presentations, and spoken to more than 30,000 people. He is one of the founders of ACTIV8 Pro-Life Training Week – an annual philosophy, apologetics, and media/social-media training event for young adults which has been running for 10 years in New Zealand and over 7 years in Australia. He is married to Katie and they have five children. Brendan also has a background in communications and media training, and he regularly connects with people in the online space via his YouTube channel which has approximately 20,000 subscribers.